Name: Ancil Abney
Ancil Abney TIPS Pastor
Date of Birth: January 15, 1958
Marital Status: Married to Kathleen (Coder) Abney, June 26, 1982
Children: Three Adult Sons
Church of God, Anderson, Indiana, 1985, Florida Assembly of the Church of God
- Served in Ohio for one year. Worship and Youth Pastor.
- Served Church of God congregations in Florida for 26 years.
- 3 years as a Student Ministries Pastor
- 3 years as a Worship Pastor
- 20 years as a Lead Pastor
- Board of Trustees at Warner University, 13 years
- Chairman of the General Assembly - Florida Church of God Ministries, 4 years
- Member of the Executive Council for Florida Church of God Ministries, 4 years
- Served in Kentucky for 10 years, Lead Pastor
- Chairman of the General Assembly, Kentucky Ministries of the Church of God, 4 years
B.A. Church Ministries/Pastoral Ministries concentration Warner University - Lake Wales, Florida 1983
January 2020-January 2021 - Winona Friends Church, Winona, Ohio
March 2021-March 2022 - Reedsport Church of God, Reedsport, Oregon
August 1-Present - Hillside Church of God, South San Francisco, California
Name: Andrew Akard
Date of Birth: February 21, 1996
Born, raised, and currently residing in the San Francisco area.
- Served as volunteer support for Hillside Church of God's Legacy Youth Group program from 2014-2018
- Has been serving as Hillside Church of God's Ministry Facilitator for Legacy Youth Group as a volunteer from 2018-2019 and as a Ministry Intern from 2019-present
- Has been a Ministry Intern at Hillside Church of God since 2019
- B.A. in English, Creative Writing-San Francisco State Univeristy, 2019
- 1 year of undergraduate study at West Coast Baptist College
- Currently working on a Master of Biblical Studies Degree at West Coast Baptist College
Andrew has been attending Hillside Church of God since 2003. He grew up in Hillside Church of God's Youth Group and at the age of 22 became it's program facilitator when Hillside's previous Youth Pastor retired. Andrew found great joy in directing Hillside's Youth Group and in this way felt the call to ministry. He has been facilitating the program ever since, and is simultaneously pursuing formal ministry training at the college level.
Andrew's goals in his ministry are to provide a place where teens can find fun and edification in a safe and supportive environment, and to inspire people to develop a relationship with God through Biblical education, healthy Christian community and spiritual direction.
Favorite Bible Verse:
Psalm 5:12-For thou, Lord, wilt bless the righteous; with favour wilt thou compass him as with a shield.