HILLSIDE CHURCH OF GOD
COVID-19 Prevention Plan
Hillside Church of God (HCOG) is a place for everyone who desires a relationship with God through faith in Jesus Christ. It is our desire to provide an environment that is safe and clean for employees, volunteers, and worshippers. We have developed a COVID-19 Prevention Plan in accordance with the California Department of Public Health’s Industry Guidance for Places of Worship and Providers of Religious Services and Cultural Ceremonies.
The following Prevention Plan is a guide to help minimize the risks associated with the flu and the coronavirus. We want to make sure that all of our employees and volunteers stay healthy and protect themselves as well as protect our members and visitors. This document will detail the procedures HCOG will implement to create a safe atmosphere for all who enter our facility.
I. COVID-19 SYMPTOMS
All employees and volunteers of HCOG should be familiar with the symptoms of COVID-19, which include the following:
- Fever, Cough and Shortness of Breath, difficulty breathing
- Chills, body aches, sore throat, runny nose
- Headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, loss of taste and smell
If you develop any symptoms listed above, or if you have come into close-contact with someone displaying these symptoms, please:
- Do not come to work.
- Do not come to volunteer for any ministry.
- Do not attend worship services or small groups of any kind.
- Call your healthcare provider right away.
- Employees/volunteers exhibiting any of the above symptoms may not return to work until they are symptom-free for 72 hours.
II. PERSONEL GUIDELINES
At HCOG we expect all of our employees and volunteers to always perform their duties in a professional manner, keeping in mind our Savior’s call to be servants of all (Matthew 20:25-28; John 13:1-17). All employees and volunteers should serve as examples to our congregation, visitors, and our greater community by being familiar with, and following this Plan. We expect our employees and volunteers to lead by example.
To help prevent the spread of Flu and COVID-19
- Isolate yourself from people who are showing symptoms of flu-like virus.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing, sneezing, blowing your nose, or going to the bathroom.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth with a tissue when coughing and/or sneezing. DO NOT USE YOUR HAND. If a tissue is not available, then use your elbow or shoulder.
- Employees, volunteers, members, and visitors are encouraged to wear proper face coverings when on campus. HCOG will provide gloves and face masks for all who desire to use them.
- Disinfect surfaces that are frequently used and touched, such as door knobs, counter-tops, sink handles, etc.
- Practice proper social distancing by keeping a six foot boundary from others.
III. ORGANIZATIONAL GUIDELINES
- HCOG will continue to provide online services for Sunday School, Bible Study, and Worship Services.
- No more than 25% of our capacity will be allowed in attendance. This limits our capacity to 35 people at one time. This includes funeral services and wedding ceremonies.
- In order to maintain safe social distancing protocols:
- Seating will be allowed in alternate rows.
- Our pews are set up in a tapered fashion. The pews in the rear of the sanctuary are longer than the ones in the front. Signs will be placed on each row determining the maximum number of people who can sit in that particular pew. Exceptions will be made for family members who live in the same household.
- Hand-shaking and hugging are highly discouraged.
- Children’s Church and Nursery Ministry will be temporarily cancelled.
- Communion elements will be distributed in pre-packaged, single-serve, disposable containers.
- Church bulletins, announcements, and newsletters will be distributed via email. If materials are to be handed out, they will distributed by volunteer staff wearing rubber gloves.
- All tithes and offerings will be collected either through online giving or through the USPS. No in-person offerings will be taken.
- All commonly used surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected prior to building usage.
- Hand sanitizer and face masks will be made available for everyone who enters the building.
IV. HOUSEKEEPING GUIDELINES
The following housekeeping practices will be regularly instituted by HCOG:
- Hand sanitizer will be made available in the front lobby of the church.
- All frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected before each worship serviced. These surface areas include, but are not limited to: door handles, countertops, pews (frames and fabric), all bathroom surfaces, and sink handles.
- All disinfecting will be done using commonly-used disinfecting products, or a diluted bleach solution.